Monday, November 10, 2008

Exciting news!

So, we FINALLY got an apartment! We are so excited to finally have our own place again! It is kind of a neat story. It starts back even before we moved from Logan. Dave and I had found a basement apartment in Layton that was so affordable, clean and in a safe neighborhood. Well, we applied for it but we didn't get it. I was so sad because the more we looked for an apartment, I realized just how expensive rent is in Davis county. Well, obviously we still haven't been able to find anything that Dave and I felt like were affordable and safe. So last week I had mentioned to Dave, "If we could just find an apartment like the basement apartment, that would be great."
The next day I happened to look on KSL.com and guess what, yup, that same basement apartment was back up for rent! So, I called the lady and she said that she remembered Dave and I from back in April, she said she would send us an apartment application.
Well, as of Saturday we now have an apartment! YEAH!!!!! We get to move December 1st.
Here is the low down of our basement apartment!
-2 bedroom , 1 bathroom (great sized rooms with walk in closets in both and organizer closets!)
-full sized kitchen (with a dishwasher, HUGE pantry)
-TONS of huge windows, so it doesn't feel so dark and "basement-like"
TONS and tons of storage!
Our own washer and dryer and more storage in the laundry room
Clean and safe neighborhood (it's actually in my old neighborhood, just down the road from my Dad and Diane's current house.)
Just down the road from my work.
And best of all, we are paying $625/month, and includes ALL of our utilities!
YEAHHHHHHHHH, I guess being patient pays off after all!
I'll post pics after we move in!

8 comments:

Cody and Denise Valdez said...

Congrats on your new apartment. That's great. Josh has gotten so big I just can't believe it. We really need to get together. Call me when you guys get a minute so we can set something up.

Jenee said...

Hey that is great!!! What a relief!
P.s this is jen from work

Souza Family said...

What great news!! Sounds better than our house! I would love to say our house has lots of storage and huge closets and a laundry room! We will have to come see you when we are up next...Maybe December before Christmas?

Tati said...

That's so neat, Nicole! CONGRATS!!!!!

MeKell and Aaron said...

congrats! that's awesome!!

Malia said...

That's great!! I am so excited for you both! I wish we could come help you move.

GO Gray's said...

YAY for you guys. That is so exciting. Send pic's when you move in.

Cody and Denise Valdez said...

Nicole, I don't remember if you have my cell number... if not just e-mail me at dvaldez14@hotmail.com your number (I'm not sure if I have it updated) to set up some time when you come out in Dec. We really want to meet up with you guys.