Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Farewell bottle!

So, Josh is so close now to being a year old and I couldn't be more thrilled, except for one thing! Getting rid of the BOTTLE! Josh has been drinking from a sippy cup since he was about 7 months old, but the only thing he has drank from it is water. I am now trying to get him to drink REAL milk from the sippy cup and it's not going over so well.
Any of you experience mom's out there, please, I'm asking for some suggestions! I would surely appreciate it!
I'm definitly ready for Josh to be done with the bottle, but I just need Josh to be done with it as well! Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

GO Gray's said...

Just let him keep it. Yeah until he's like 10. That's what Maile did with Paul and he turned out great. :)

Souza Family said...

My babies didn't want milk from a cup at first either so I would just put like an ounce or two in at a time and let them try it at each feeding. I would let them drink as much as they would and then give the rest in a bottle. Before too long they got used to the cup and I started switching one feeding at a time to the cup instead of the bottle, leaving the pre-bed time bottle for the last. They were done with bottles about a week after their birthday with no problems.
I can't believe Josh is going to be one!