Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fun at the zoo!

So we have been wanting to go to the zoo for a long time. Ever since I've noticed Josh LOVES looking at animals (and attempting to make the noises that they make!), we have wanted to go back to the zoo. Yesterday I thought it would be a great day to go because it wasn't hot yet it was a beautiful day. Josh and I went with one of my friends from work and her two kids. By the time we pulled up to the zoo I knew it was going to be an interesting day. It was PACKED! I guess it is UEA on Thursday and Friday. So I guess the rest of Utah thought it was a perfect day for the zoo. Ugggg, I hate to walk around that place feeling like you are in a herd of people. Anyway, we still had fun and was able to see the new baby elephant, I took Josh on the carousel and we got to see the tiger cubs! Anyway, it was a fun day even with the crowds and Josh is fighting something off. I don't know if it's just more teeth or if its a virus. Anyway, it was a great time! I didn't get any great pictures but oh well! Here is Josh trying to crawl through the fence to get to the carousel! Needless to say he was very excited to get on that thing!



The penguins! They were so cute. They were chasing each other in the pool. Josh LOVED these things! He kept giggling at them whenever they'd jump out of the water! It was a lot of fun!

The cute little baby elephant! This baby weighed 250 lbs at birth! Whew! Also, did you know that elephants are pregnant for 21 months! I would die if I had to be pregnant with Josh for 21 months! Anyway, this baby was very cute!


Oh my little boy! Even though I knew he didn't feel good, and we were at the zoo through his entire "nap time" (between 1-4pm) he did so good! He started to have a little melt-down only when we were leaving! He is so fun and man, what a looker! I love this little guy!




3 comments:

The Kent Family said...

How fun! We love the zoo. We haven't seen the babies yet, and now UEA is over, so we'll have to go. Josh is so handsome. I love his blonde hair. Glad you had fun.

GO Gray's said...

JOsh could be a little monkey trying to climb over that fence. What a little cutie.

Tati said...

FUN! I want to take Taylor to the zoo. She LOVES animals, too!