Sunday, December 28, 2008

Wonderful holiday!

Josh and I on Christmas morning! I was so excited!
Josh playing with his new toy, he thought it tasted really good!

Dave got a new tackle box from santa!


This is how Josh felt by the end of the day on Christmas...he didn't feel good at all! Can you tell?



So we have had such a great holiday season this year. Dave and I decided that we wouldn't make a big deal about presents this year and just make a very LIMITED budget this year. It turned out really nice and we didn't have to worry about making sure to get a present for everyone. Instead we did very little gifts for everyone, including one another, and it was so nice. (I don't need anymore stress in our lives! :)

Anyway, a few days before Christmas we were invited up to Sarah and Chris's house in Providence and spent the day with them. We made homemade oreo cookies, made dinner and of course played their Wii. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunatly Josh started to get sick again, actually we think he didn't have a cold, he was just cutting 3 teeth at once...I know, fun for all of us! Anyway we had tons of fun with them and had tons of fun playing their new Wii fit games.

We came back and I got to work Christmas eve night..which totally sucked because I only had 2 patients all night... BORING! Dave and Josh went over to my dad and stepmom's house to have a big christmas eve dinner. They had prime rib and baked potatoes. Well, Dave was nice enough to bring me dinner, but forgot to bring anything for the potato and no silverware. Needless to say I completely appreciated the gesture, but didn't eat it. I didn't want to eat meat with just my hands and I have a hard enough time eating baked potatoes with stuff on it, let alone PLAIN! YUCK! Anyway...I got home at around 3:30am and then woke up at 8:30am. I was so excited for Josh's first Christmas. We had a lot of fun opening the few gifts we got each other. It was really nice. After we finished up here at our home, we headed over to Dad and Diane's house to have Christmas with them. We opened up gifts there and had lots of fun watching Josh enjoy his new toys and books. The rest of the day was just hanging out and enjoying our families company.

That is about it. It's been very nice and we have enjoyed spending so much time with family. Dave and I are so greatful for all that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with and feel so blessed everyday. We hope everyone had a great holiday and now, we wish you a Happy NEW YEAR!

No comments: