Saturday, March 7, 2009

Josh is ONE!

From March 7, 2008 to
March 7, 2009


Happy birthday to my sweet son Joshua! He turned one today, March 7th. Today has been a day of reflection for Dave and I. Besides remembering the day that Josh was born to us, we have really reflected about this entire year and how much Josh has changed our lives, and just how grateful we are for our son.



Today we just had a little birthday party and served cake and ice cream. Josh got some little toys, books and clothes(from me...and Dave). Also, he was able to taste cake and ice cream(that wasn't sugar-free). He GOBBLED it up! It was really fun to watch. After eating the cake and ice cream Josh got directly into the tub to clean off. After a few hours, and when the sugar level dropped in his blood, he finally went to sleep!



We had such a fun day! Because it's Josh's birthday, I thought I would talk about some of the things that Josh does that puts a smile on our faces!





  • He gets so excited everytime we get him ready to get into the bath. We usually undress him in his bedroom, and then he literally runs to the bathroom. It is so fun to see!



  • He loves reading books and flipping through the pages by himself, heaven forbid that mom or dad flip the pages! :)



  • He loves food. Anything that he can feed himself, he loves even more. I am pretty sure if he could live off of goldfish crackers, gram crackers, nutrigrain bars, and bananas, he would be happy!



  • He has the GREATEST laugh. When I get inpatient with him...very infrequently :)... he will just look at me and laugh and I can't help but laugh back at him.



  • He has the cutest smile! I could just look at him all day.



  • Even though now Josh puts himself to sleep, the occassional times that I get to put him to sleep, I could just watch him sleep for a very long time! He looks so angelic!



  • He still loves his green cup. I loves to hold it and shake it while walking around the house. I don't know what his facination is with it, but it makes me laugh.



  • I love getting Josh out of his crib after he wakes up. He is always so happy to see us. In fact, Dave and I always fight over who gets to get him, because he usually will cuddle with us when he wakes up! It's our favorite!



  • I love how his face lights up whenever he sees anyone he recognizes, like his Grandma and Grandpa Fisher!



  • Josh loves it when I let him get out of the shopping cart at the store and let him walk around! He goes nuts! He starts "talking" and laughing while walking down the isles! It's fun to see!

Anyway, I just want everyone to know just how grateful I am for this little boy! We love him so much and we love being his parents! We are blessed to have him! Happy Birthday Joshy!



5 comments:

Tati said...

Happy birthday little buddy! Too bad we weren't invited to your party. ;) j/k

MeKell and Aaron said...

Pictures just don't do that kid justice! What a cute little terd, I can't believe how big he is!!

Susi said...

I can't believe it's already been a year! That is so crazy! He is so super adorable! I'm really excited to be having a baby too. We've been doing good. I don't know how, but I've been very blessed. I haven't been sick at all! I may get a little queezy here and there. I eat a few crackers, and I'm ok. The fatigue is what's doing me in! :) Thanks for the good parents compliment. I look forward to it so much and just hope that I don't let myself down.

Yes, I've done a little traveling. James has been setting up rides in other countries. So I've been tagging along. He's actually in Denmark right now setting up a ride. Then he'll head back to England to finish the one there. Sadly, I chose to stay home. It's easier on the finances, and I didn't like the long flight while pregnant. Even though I'm not too far along, it wasn't very comfortable. I'm just grateful for the opportunity that I had to tag along.

Keep in touch!!

GO Gray's said...

oh Happy Birthday Josh from your favorite Aunt!!!! Say TRISHA!!!! I can remember David saying that to Derick. . UNCLE DAVID. over and over again. Can't wait to see you guys in July.

Melinda said...

I can't believe how big he is! When did our babies grow? He's such a cutie and looks so much like both of you.