Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy belated 4th of July!

4th of July was so much fun! However I completly forgot to take my camera all day, but thank goodness my dad had his camera so I did get a few pictures of the 4th, I'll post those later.
I thought I'd tell everyone what we did!
Thank goodness I didn't have to work on the 4th of July. In the morning my dad, my step mom Diane, my brother Chad and his boys Riley and Braden, came over early and we made a big breakfast at our apartment. The reason we decided to come to our place is because the Layton parade goes right in front of our apartment. In fact we can't leave our place because the road is closed. So anyway, after breakfast we cleaned up and went out and watched the parade. It was a lot of fun, but Josh kept trying to go out into the middle of the road because he saw all of the candy that didn't get caught and kept insisting that he try and get it! Other than that, it was really fun. It was PERFECT weather, and the parade wasn't too long and not too short! After the parade we came back to our place and Josh took his nap and so did Dave and I! After we all woke up, we ended up going to my mom's sisters (my Aunt Marriane) house in Plain City. We had a great barbeque with a lot of my mom's family! It was so much fun! I love being around my mom's side of the family! Always lots of talking, laughter, and yummy food! We stayed there until about 8:00pm. Well, since by the time we got home, it was Josh's bedtime, we decided "forget the bedtime routine, let's go see the fireworks!" So we got Josh in his pj's and gave him his milk, but him in the stroller and walked down to the park to see the fireworks. We went with my dad and my step mom Diane. We ended up in the Golds Gym parking lot, along with a hundred other people! It was a perfect view! I was nervous that Josh wouldn't like the fireworks...actually just not like the loud noises, but he did awesome! He had his blanket and he was fine! He just sat on my lap the whole time and kept pointing to the fireworks and looking at me and saying "ohhhh" ! It was so cute to see his face while watching the fireworks! He was in pure amazement! It made my entire holiday! Anyway, we headed home and put Josh down right before 11pm. This was definitly the LATEST he has EVER stayed up! He slept until 9am the next morning!
It was a wonderful holiday! The 4th of July is truly my most favorite holiday! I love what it resembles and I love th time of year! I love feeling so greatful for our wonderful country and our freedoms. I'm so greatful for all of the sacrifices that have been made so we can live in a free country! I just hope it stays that way!:)
Anyway, happy belated 4th of July! (I'll post pics later!)

No comments: