Sunday, October 31, 2010

First time for everything


So it is that time...unfortunately and I have my mom to thank for this one. I had my yearly exam last week and my doctor (actually an awesome CNM), she wants me to make sure I get a mammogram. (Is this ok to talk about on my blog? Oh well!) Anyway, everything is ok but she is nervous because my mom was first diagnosed at the age of 32. Well, I am 30...so now it is my turn. She even went as far as to call the mammography office and my insurance so they will for sure pay for me. Well wish me luck. I go in this Friday. Honestly, I am not at all scared for the actual mammogram, just any bad results I could get. I'll let anyone who wants to know how it goes! Thought you might like this comic. Too bad this really doesn't happen! hehehe

5 comments:

MeKell and Aaron said...

Oh good luck and for sure I need to hear the results...maybe I could just call you for once in my life and find out for myself. ;-)Also, I think I tried to comment on your last post but it never worked, but Josh is getting enormous and is still so cute! And, fyi, we have the same bedding on our bed, great minds think alike, eh?

GO Gray's said...

love the picture!!! Sending positive thoughts your way.

Rachel said...

Good luck! If it makes you feel better, I had to have one when I was 30 also. Breast cancer runs in my family also and I found an extremely large lump. The mammogram wasn't that bad and everything turned out fine. Hopefully it will be good for you too!

Unknown said...

Good luck BFF!

Unknown said...

Okay, I didn't even look at the date that was posted until after I left you that last note...hope things went well. Give me a holler sometime.