Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Busy week!

So last week Josh decided to get croup AGAIN! I couldn't believe it. This is TWICE within the last two months. It really scared me because of his father's medical history!(Dave has asthma and allergies, great combination.) Anyway, this month we are going without health insurance because Dave's insurance ended at the end of August and mine doesn't begin until October 1st. I had a feeling that something would happen this month. This is the first time in my life that I've ever been without health insurance and I just had a feeling something would happen.
Anyway, a week ago sunday Josh started acting like he didn't feel well. I thought he was just teething (which I think he really is because I could feel bigger bumps on his gums.). Anyway, Sunday night Dave and I were up with him because Josh kept waking up crying because he had such a stuffy nose. Well Monday night (actually Tuesday at 2am) we woke up to Josh breathing and coughing just like he had the time before when he had croup. What a way to wake up to your son having an extremely hard time breathing. It was really scary. Well I tried everything, taking him outside in the cooler air, that didn't work, then turned the shower on and sat with him in the bathroom, that didn't work, and then opened up the freezer and sat there in front of the freezer to see if that would help...well nothing made a difference. We decided we needed to take him to the ER. They ended up giving him 2 breathing treatments and then a decadron shot (steriod shot in the leg). Once we left he sounded 100% better, so we felt a lot better.
Well, we got the bill this last week, and it was for almost $1000! I almost passed out! I called the finance dept and told them that I was an employee there, but was in between insurance. Thank goodness they decided to take $500 off the bill. We were so greatful! Thank goodness for me working at Davis Hospital! Anyway, Josh is doing much better. But let me tell you, last week Dave and I were living off few hours of sleep each night! It sucks! Dave and I realize now just how spoiled we have been because Josh is usually a great sleeper! It is really hard to go back to waking up 2 or 3 times each night!
Anyway, besides Josh getting sick not much has happened. I work 3 days a week...which also makes me much more tired and Dave goes to school 4 times a week. We are MUCH busier these days, but we sure feel blessed! Heavenly Father is definitly answering all of our prayers! Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Tati said...

You are definitely blessed!

So when are we getting together? ;)