Friday, August 22, 2008

New Busy Life!



So I started my new life as a wife, mom, and an employed nurse! Boy has it been insane. So my shift is 3pm-3am, boy it would be perfect if I didn't have to be up early with Josh! I've always enjoyed working at night, but it sure screws up my sleeping cycle! It's been pretty good this last week because I've had Dave home with me to be able to watch Josh. This coming week though is Dave's first week of school! So now I am just trying to find some babysitters! I need babysitters for only a few hours a week, but I'm nervous to have other people watching Josh! It's a weird feeling!

Anyway, before I started work this week, Dave and I decided to have some fun so we went to Surf-N-Swim here in Layton. It was a lot of fun. I was suprised to see how well Josh did at the pool. We would take turns holding Josh in the pool, and ride the waves. Here are some pictures of Josh and Dave. Josh got so relaxed he fell asleep on Dave. It was so cute!
Today was an exciting day for me. The last week we would go get Josh out of his crib and he'd be laying on his back (he sleeps on his belly...I know I'm a bad mom for letting him sleep on his stomach!). We were so excited to see that he rolls over so we would try to get him to do it on the floor, but he NEVER would do it for us. I guess he just wanted to roll over without letting us see him. Well today after his afternoon nap, I again found him on his back, so I rolled him back over on his belly and he rolled right back onto his back! I was so excited to see him roll! He is 5 1/2 months old and he FINALLY rolled over for me! It was neat to see! It's amazing how fast he is growing! Next thing I know he will be crawling! I don't think I'm ready for that adventure!

2 comments:

Doug_Jen said...

Hey Nicole I know it has been a while but My little sister watches kids during the day but I would also be willing to watch your son Josh, I hear you about having someone watch your kid I hate it to but you can give my siter a acll if you want her name is Megan and her # 543-2559. Good luck! Looks like you all had fun at the pool!!

GO Gray's said...

How fun that he rolled over. He is so cute!!! I sure wish I was there to watch hime for you, I would love that. . . . Are you sure you don't want to move to California???